This contemporary language arts curriculum is ideal for transition aged students. Use it to improve reading skills while building social competency. It offers lots of reading comprehension practice through 16 short stories that all deal with common social issues that students face in everyday life. Each student reader tells a story that is presented as a graphic novel. Use it with older students who are at a second to fourth grade reading level as well as in moderate/severe classrooms.
The introductory kit includes:
- An instructor guide with lots of student activities.
- One CD with PDFs of the readers so you can print a story for each student.
- Interactive teaching software that audibly reads stories to help with comprehension. The software contains several features that include vocabulary, word definitions, testing, and a student management system that allows you to track progress.
- 90 page student workbook with full color illustrations with complete text and that support struggling readers.
- Designed for older students who are at a 2nd-4th grade reading level.
The Classroom Kit includes an additional eight Student Reader books.